- Remove Broken Key From Lock.
Put some super glue on broken off part, insert and hold a few seconds will pull out rest of key.
- Remove Broken Light Bulb.
Stick a bar of soap into jagged edges, use soap as handle.
- Remove Stubborn Screw.
Heat with a soldering iron for a few seconds first.
- Protect Children From Sockets.
Keep a piece of electrical tape over them when not in use.
- Good Glass Door Safety Tip.
Put a BIG decal on those glass and patio doors.
- Keep Nails From Splitting Wood.
Blunt sharp end of nail before you use by hitting with a hammer.
- Repair Small Holes In Screen.
Plug holes with clear nail polish, let dry, repeat until filled.
- Straighten Warped Phono Records.
Place record between two sheets of glass, set in sun for a while.
- Best Way To Clean Phono Records.
Dip in solution of detergent and water, rinse and wipe dry.
- Make Your Own Fireplace Logs.
Roll newspapers up tightly in shape of log. Papers are wood.
- How To Remove Oil From Driveway.
Cover with sand, let stand a few days, then sweep off.
- Keep Fish Hooks From Rusting.
Stick them in a cork and submerge in some baking soda.
- Make Sandpaper Last Longer.
Back sandpaper with masking tape.
- How To Revive Old Razor Blades.
Rub them back and forth inside of a drinking glass.
- Where To Sell Box Tops And Labels.
Eggleston Enterprises, 207, Main Street, Milford, NY 13807.
- Remove Labels From Bottles & Jars.
Fill with hot water and then submerge in hot water, will just fall off.
- Cut Glass Without Glass Cutter.
Use tin snips and cut under water, smooth rough edges with sandpaper.
- Easy To Unglue Stamps & Envelopes.
Put in freezer a few hours then flip off with knife blade.
- Get Water Out Of Your Watch.
Strap watch to light bulb, turn on for a few minutes. Water drops will form on crystals,
open up and wipe off.
- Prevent Snow Sticking To Shovel.
Coat shovel with car wax.
- Tighten Your Hammer Handle.
Soak in used engine oil for a day.
- Low Cost Laminating- EASY.
Cover article with clear contact paper. Works perfectly!
- Open That Stuck Zipper.
Spray that stuck zipper with shaving foam.
- Remove Tar & Paint From Auto.
The product to clean paint from your car is BENZOL.
- Increase Your Mileage.
Put 4oz of benzol to each ten gallon of gasoline to incr. mpg.
- How To Renew Car Batteries.
Dissolve 1 oz Epsom salts in water and add to each cell.
- Easily Untie A Knot In A Chain.
Cover the knot generously with cold cream.
- Loosen Those Tight Shoes.
Put some damp newspaper into shoes and leave for a few days.
- Make Shoes Slip Proof.
Take scissors and scratch Scissors on the soles.
- The Ideal Pin Cushion.
Use a bar of soap, makes sewing easier. Needle just slides through.
- Make Your Own Metal Polisher.
Take a black board chalk and rub into cloth, then rub on metal.
- Good Dog & Cat Repellent.
Place moth balls in areas where you are bothered by animal odors. They will avoid it.
Animals hate mothball odors.
- When Your Pet Has No Appetite.
Try a saucer of beer. It’s been known to perk up the appetite.
- Easy To Rid Pets Of Fleas.
Put a foam rubber pad in the pet’s bed – fleas hate it.
- Quick Way To Press Ties.
Hang in bath while you shower – steam takes wrinkles out.
- How To Remove Staples.
An old nail clipper works just fine for removing staples.
- Eliminate Odors From Disposal.
Throw a lemon in it and let it be ground up.
- Keep Salt Moisture Free.
Put pieces of ink blotter in shaker. It will absorb moisture.
Or try uncooked rice.
- Simple Eye-Glass Cleaner.
Vinegar diluted in water makes a fine eyeglass cleaner.
- Easy Clean Glass Doors & Mirrors.
Just rub with a damp newspaper – they will shine.
- Easily Reduced Ashtray Smell.
Keep a small amount of baking soda in ashtrays at all times.
- Messless Painting From Bucket.
Punch several holes around rim of can with small nail.
- Take Lumps Out Of Paint.
Cut a piece of screen to fit inside of can or bucket, it will float to bottom,
taking the lumps with it.
- Keep Bugs Out Of Paint.
Pour a little insect repellent in the paint. It does the trick.
- Prevent Flowers From Fading.
Use a few drops of chlorine bleach in water, add an asprin for life.
- A Simple Roach Formula- It WORKS.
Crumble cigarette butts in water, let dry then spread in roach areas.
- Save Painting Clean Up Time.
Cover roller tray with aluminum foil, then just throw away.
- A Novel Paint Can Cover.
Use plastic lid from a coffee can.
- Keep Piano Keys Looking New.
Keep cover open, ivory turns dark if exposed to darkness.
- How To Remove Grease From Rugs.
Pour ample amount of baking soda on it, brush in,
let stand for a day, vacuum off.